Altair SimSolid 2019.3.0.52 | 393 Mb
Altair has launched SimSolid 2019.3.0, is structural analysis software developed specifically for design engineers. It eliminates geometry simplification and meshing, the two most time-consuming and expertise-extensive tasks done in traditional FEA, enabling the analysis of fully-featured CAD assemblies in minutes without meshing.
- Defect correctionsand adjustments to the how rigid body modes are represented.
- Modal eigen-solver rigid body modes-Changes have been made to how rigid body modes are presented. With bushings orlarge flexible structures, low frequency flexible modes are possible. To avoid confusion,all modes (rigid or flexible) are now specified in the modal setup dialog.The default number of modes is now 9. Rigid body modes will have 0 or near zero frequency values. Rigid body modes will not be explicitlymarked. It will be up to the user to interpret which modes are rigid or flexible.
- New lower frequency bound on Frequency response analysis-Now both an upper and lower frequency value can be specified.
- Consistent way to handle elastic modulus-The representationof the elastic modulus of non-linear materialsused inlinear analysis has been modified.Previously the first line segment of the stress-strain curvewas used. Now the E value specified in the dialog(if available)is used. Nonlinear analysis remains unchanged.In this case, the fullstress-strain curve will be used.
- Improved robustness-modal results for large scale parts.
- Improved robustness-CAD import forvarious models.
- Fixed-errors in frequency response results.
- Fixed-instances where tangent face propagationwas not working properly on BC definitions.
- Fixed-issues with local coordinate systems:Createlocal coordinate system always locates at global origin, local coordinate system wasnot copied correctly between design studies.
- Fixed-solver errors with "Adapt to thin solids".
- Fixed-import of CAD file names with multiple periodsis now supported.
- Fixed-issue with rigid part 'density from material'.
- Fixed-connections for parts imported into existing design studies are now created correctly.
- Fixed-CAD import of adjacent very thin parts being incorrectly labeled as duplicates.
- Fixed-section size editingforfillet welds.
- Fixed-severalcrash conditions: crash creating connection on parts w/ existing welds, crash importing a new design, crash when creating automatic connections, crash with high connection resolution, crash when invoking bolt/nut forces while bolt/nut tightening dialogue is up, crash on reopening project after setting parttype to general.
About Altair SimSolid. Altair has acquired SIMSOLID, a company founded by asking a simple question: "Why does the geometry used in the Design and Structural Simulation worlds have to be so different?"
SIMSOLID works on full-fidelity CAD assemblies to provide fast, accurate, and robust structural simulation without requiring geometry simplification, cleanup, or meshing. Its underlying technology is based largely on the work of Dr. Victor Apanovitch, a former professor at Belarus Polytechnic University and the cofounder of SIMSOLID Corporation.
The SIMSOLID computational engine is a commercial implementation of novel and unpublished mathematics based on extensions to the theory of external approximations. SIMSOLID controls solution accuracy using multi-pass adaptive analysis, making it extremely fast and memory efficient. Large and complex assemblies can be solved rapidly even on laptop computers.
About Altair. Altair transforms design and decision making by applying simulation, machine learning and optimization throughout product lifecycles. Our broad portfolio of simulation technology and patented units-based software licensing model enable Simulation-Driven Innovation for our customers. With more than 2,000 employees, Altair is headquartered in Troy, Michigan, USA and operates 71 offices throughout 24 countries. Altair serves more than 5,000 customers across broad industry segments.
Product: Altair SimSolid
Version: 2019.3.0 Build 52
Supported Architectures: x64
Website Home Page :
System Requirements: PC
Supported Operating Systems: Windows 7even or newer